- Fisher, H and Zhu, A. (forthcoming). The effect of financial incentives on repartnering. Economic Journal
- Fisher, H and Low, H, (2018). Divorce early or divorce late? The long-term financial consequences. Australian Journal of Family Law, 31(2)
- Fisher, H, The impact of child support receipt on the household income and labour supply of lone mothers. Economic Record, 93(301)
- Fisher, H. and Low, H. (2016). Recovery From Divorce: Comparing High and Low Income Couples. International Journal of Law, Policy and the Family, 30(3):338-371
- Fisher, H. and Low, H. (2015). Financial implications of relationship breakdown: does marriage matter? Review of Economics of the Household 13(4)
- Fisher, H. (2013). The effect of marriage tax penalties and subsidies on marital status. Fiscal Studies 34(3)
- Fisher, H. (2012). Divorce Property Division Laws and the Decision to Marry or Cohabit, Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, 28 (4):734-753
- Fisher, H., Low, H. (2009). Who wins, who loses and who recovers from divorce? In Jo Miles and Rebecca Probert (Eds.), Sharing Lives, Dividing Assets: An Inter-disciplinary Study. Hart Publishing.
- Fisher, H and Bassford, M (2016), Bonus Babies? The impact of paid parental leave on fertility intentions
- Fisher, H. (2012), Just a piece of paper? The health benefits of marriage.
Work in Progress
- New questions to better understand household financial management (with Hamish Low)
- A collective model of Long Term Care (with Martin McCarthy)